Jump to Navigation

How do I get a P-2 visa?

In order to get a P-2 visa, which is for performing artists who are participating in a reciprocal exchange program, you must gather certain documentation together and then have your American employer or the labor organization that is sponsoring you, fill out the appropriate application form. According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, there are five documents that you must present.

The first document is the agreement copy that shows an American entertainer or artist will be traveling to a foreign country with the purpose of giving a performance. The agreement should contain the signatures of the organization in the U.S. that is sponsoring the exchange and the organization in the country that will be bringing the American performer over.

The second document should be something that shows you and the American artist will have similar conditions and terms of employment. This means if the other artist will have two days off a week, your employment should include the same. In addition to the employment conditions, you and the American performer must possess similar artistic skills. For example, if you are considered a professional entertainer and the American is of an amateur level, this would probably not meet the visa petition requirement.

The third document should be something that shows the concurrence or involvement of an American labor organization in the reciprocal program. Furthermore, that organization will have to be appropriate to the program you are participating in. The fourth document must describe how the program works and it must be drafted by the organization that is sponsoring the program. The fifth and final document should be the labor organization’s consultation.

These documents must be submitted with a form called the I-29, which is a petition for a nonimmigrant worker to enter the U.S. for a certain period of time. This information is intended to be used only for general education and should not be taken as any form of legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • facebook
  • facebook
  • Google+

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Cuevas, Garcia & Torres, P.A.
Attorneys at Law

Miami Dadeland Office
7300 N. Kendall Drive 
Suite 680
Miami, FL 33156
Toll Free: 877-801-4135
Phone: 305-461-9500
Fax: 305-448-7300
Map and Directions

Midtown Miami
3401 North Miami Avenue 
Suite 209
Miami, FL 33127 
Map and Directions

FindLaw Network