Jose A. Torres is a Shareholder/Attorney at Cuevas, Garcia & Torres, P.A. His practice focuses primarily on Community Association Law, Construction Law and Litigation, including Civil, Commercial, and Real Estate litigation. He earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Florida International University in Miami, FL in 2007, and a Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center in Ft. Lauderdale, FL in 2011. Mr. Torres is admitted to practice in Florida.
In law school, Mr. Torres was a student competitor for the Nova Trial Association and a founding member of the Tort Law Society. Additionally, he was a member of the Hispanic Law Student Association and the Criminal Law Society. Mr. Torres is a member of the Florida Bar, American Bar Association, and the Young Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar.
Areas Of Practice
- Community Association Law (Condominium and HOA)
- Constrution Law
- Litigation (Civil, Commercial, & Real Estate)
- Florida, 2011
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 2011
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Member, 2011 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2011 to Present
- Pi Kappa Phi