What are some temporary work visas?

On Behalf of | May 17, 2017 | Employment Immigration |

When it comes to work visas, there are an array of options that are available for people employed in diverse fields. Sometimes, people move to the U.S. for work permanently, while others will only work in the country on a short-term basis. If you are thinking about taking a temporary job or working for a short while in Miami, Florida, or any other U.S. city, you should be aware of which visa you will have to apply for.

According to the U.S. Department of State, there are many different types of temporary work visas available. For example, there is the H-2A for agricultural workers who will only work for the season or temporarily. On the other hand, there is the H-2B visa, for temporary workers who will not work in agriculture. Other visas for temporary work include the P-2 and P-3 visas, for entertainers and artists, as well as the P-1 visa, for athletes and those who are part of entertainment groups. 

Even if you only plan on working in the U.S. briefly, it is essential to fill out all of your paperwork correctly and be prepared for any immigration-related hurdles that you may encounter. Although paperwork and immigration matters may seem stressful, many people have been able to obtain irreplaceable opportunities by working in the U.S., even for short periods of time.

Also, you should remember that this post does not represent an alternative to legal counsel and is offered to provide a general overview of temporary work visas.


FindLaw Network