Avoid legal problems with your adjustment of status in Florida

On Behalf of | Apr 13, 2020 | Adjustment Of Status |

U.S. immigration law is complex. Navigating the system can be highly stressful, especially if a particular Florida resident is unsure what he or she must do to request an adjustment of status. In certain situations, such as if a visa has expired, serious legal problems can arise if one does not act in time to resolve the issue.

Whether you entered the United States with a non-immigrant visa or you have already applied for citizenship, if you fail to keep your paperwork updated, you may wind up facing legal complications. In fact, in some situations, failing to fill out proper paperwork of not renewing a visa when it’s time to do so may place you at risk for deportation. This is one of many reasons it’s wise to stay closely connected to an experienced immigration law attorney, who can provide immediate support any time a legal obstacle arises.

Perhaps, you married a U.S. citizen and wish to adjust your status by obtaining a green card for permanent residency. After filing your application, maybe you received a notice to appear at a marriage interview. This is another example of a time when it is a good idea to consult an attorney before attending your meeting. If the U.S. government suspects your marriage is fraudulent, you may have to answer a lot of questions and provide evidence to prove otherwise.

The attorneys at Cuevas, Garcia & Torries, P.A., in Florida are available to discuss any and all issues related to adjustment of status. If you’re trying to bring family members to join you in the United States or are having trouble navigating the naturalization process, etc., you can request a meeting with our experienced legal team to help you resolve the issue. No matter what the legal issue happens to be, you can take comfort in knowing that you don’t have to handle it alone.


FindLaw Network