Handling workplace injuries as an immigrant

On Behalf of | Mar 24, 2017 | Employment Immigration |

If you have moved to the United States to pursue your career, it is essential to understand your rights. Whether you have an H1-B visa, or any type work permit, you should make sure that your employer treats you fairly. At Cuevas, Garcia & Torres, our Florida law firm is no stranger to the job-related complications that immigrants may face in Miami, and throughout the whole state. For example, you may sustain an injury while working, which could leave you unsure of what to do next.

If you suffer an injury while working, it is pivotal to outline the most sensible direction forward. Depending on the details surrounding your immigration status and the nature of your injury, various options may be available. For example, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits or you may want to hold your employer accountable for violations.

As an employment immigrant, you may have many different stressors that make daily life challenging, such as immigration matters involving your family members or uncertainty regarding your future in the country. If you are struggling with any type of immigration-related problems, you should carefully assess your individual circumstances and try to resolve the situation promptly.

For those who move to the U.S. for work, there are a wide range of hardships that may lie ahead, including visa difficulties. On the portion of our website that concentrates on immigrant visas, you can go over more material related to obtaining a work visa and other issues that employment immigrants may face.


FindLaw Network